maandag 2 november 2015

1660's dress

with the up coming gala nocturna in march i have decided to make a 1660 baroque dress, to begins with the inspirations for the dark romantique style of the event. the theme of this year is The age of redemption. this is quite a vague theme at first impression, but after some searching and brainstorming it begins to form a idea.

i fount some good blogs en sources for the dress and i know how to begins with this project. but first some impressions for the dress it self.




 i felt in love with the black one, and i think thats gonna be my biggest inspiration.
 a nice view from the back of the dress
a

A few days a go I posted some inspirations a bove here. But now I would share some other things, for some reason is shoes always a problem with historical costuming, and if you have a big part of money, yeah you can let shipping some super awesome shoes of the american duchess.... But I have not that money, not yet. 

So I had a half year ago that suprising effort to find second hand shoes that looking great 18th century, I know that the shoes of the 17th century looked different, but at least they gonna be the nearest i'm going to find. 

These shoes I where them earlier with my raven rococo costume. but, i'm not going to search for new ones, when these ones are still good. So these are my second hand shoes, that luckely fit as well. 


The shoes where new very expensive, but I had them for 7 €, a real bargain. the are made of suede and are really soft at the outside. You can feel they are from better quality, I have rarely wear better heels. They are from Charles Jourdan, maybe you know them... but I didn't at first.

So the other thing I would share with you was the pattern i'm gonna use for these dress.
Most of you know the Janet Arnolds books, and for the first time a gonna try the 1660 dress from her first book. If that fails I know an other pattern from the website http://www.neheleniapatterns.com/english/englishsite.html

I love these website, and buy regurlarly stuff at this website.


Janet Arnold, 1660 dress



Nehelenia Patterns, 1660 dress



So this dress I finished some time a go, I think it was fabruari 2016 and never updated this post again. The problem is, every photo what is taken of these dress is very dark, so you have never a good look how the dress looks like, the photo's are great, but you can not really see how the dress fits, looks like in general, I don't even have a real historical photo of it. So I hope there wil be a moment when I have as well a historical and clear one. But for now, I have these. I hope you will enjoy these pictures.




These is at gala nocturna, it was a great evening. But we didn't know that moment it would be the last gala nocturna ever.

You see, it is a very dark picture, and i'm like the dark blob in the middle..... I love my friends, but why do I have to be the shortest and the thickest of them three... I look like dwarf next to them :|

They are both very talented you can find Maartje  and Charlotte here. 










Photographer: Bart Kools
So the next following photo's are made in elfia Haarzuilen 2016.

After I was queen off, I changed back to something darker to compensate the light and sweet costumes I was wearing the last time.... The weather was not good, so I decided I didn't want to make a historical hairdo and make-up, because I was alraidy changing my costumes in the rain..... on a parking lot. So forgive me for the non historical upside.




Photographer: Bart Kools


You can see the fullnes of the skirt. I did the same thing with my balkan skirt. (what is really is this case my underskirt, just so colourfull under all these black :p)
I used 6 metres of tafta fabric for that and then I changed the routine and gathered in four lines of threat, so you have real nice pleats. My waistband is handsewed because all these fabric could not under my sewing machine.

In these case I used the first time my new puffer for over my bumroll and really? I love that thing, skirts need sometimes that little bit of support to give them that nice full shape.




Photographer: Bart Kools




 And like every event there are the derp photo's.

Angela and I had time to laugh. we where both 1660 that day, so that was a good reason to take some photo's together.
But let me say, her dress was gorgeous. next to mine, mine dress looks like a trashbag, even the black colour was the right colour :p
But I have really enjoyed that we wore the same year that day. And these pictures are the happy memories I had that day :)






Photographer: Bart Kools





 Even Jasper couldn't escape.




Photographer: Bart Kools












I like these picture, there is a kind off childlike joy, I love how it turned out.

I like how my dress turned out, I know how much I do have the learn, but I also know that how much I already learnt these past three years of intensive costume making.
Photographer: Bart Kools


With this update I'm gonna

























[update Dec. 2017] 





I have worn this dress a couple of times now, and have a few more pictures, more historical, I wanted to share. 




Picture made by: Maartje Willemsen



I wear me new earrings here, and like them very much. 


Also there are more appropriate shoes and stockings on the way for January. 


There are still some things I want for this dress, some good hairpieces are on my list of things what to do. 




































Picture made by: Maartje Willemsen












So upcoming January there will be an new years ball, where the theme is France 1660-1715. So this dress can go out again. 


These pictures are made last Sepember at the annual elfia in Arcen. 






































Picture made by: Bart Kools




This is the last picture I want to share. I have a lot of fun with this dress, it has its defaults, but that is a part of the growing process to be a better sewer and costumer. And after two years I began to make this dress there is a lot that is changed. 


So I hope I have some more pictures after January, but I can't promise anything. 


:)


















And I have some photo's! I'll share some off them here below. 

Picture made by: Winnie Helsen

Picture made by: Winnie Helsen








 And in the last picture you can find me, but I add this one more to give you more a picture off the ball itself. It was a nice evening. I enjoyed very much. meet old friends, made new ones. Worth repeading!





 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten