dinsdag 9 augustus 2016

Castlefest 2016

Good day everyone,

It's a long time when I write something, so I wanted to start with something I did last weekend. In the Netherlands is every year a festival called Castlefest, and like every year I am there with every day another costume. So I made 2 of the 3 costumes for this festival, for now I want to show you what i did wear en later on I want to write a post over the new costumes, how it was to make the things and what was the process.

Friday I wore my newest historical creation, a Regency esemble.


photographer: Agnes Noppen


I made the dress, spencer, chemisette, underwear and even the hat. I was in such a drive that I made 2 underdresses and a extra chemisette, what i borrowed to a friend that day. I planning to make a little garderobe with a few dresses, spencers, riding coat, hats, new stays (my old ones are outworn), over dresses, things like that.

saturday I wore my balkan costume that I made in school a half year ago, but I did a few adjusments




Photographer: Willem Nijhof



I changed the shirt to a sort of drindl top, I used a "puffer" (see American Duchess article) to give my skirt of 6 metres wide even more poof than is already was. And changed my white stocking for red tights and fishnet tights for a more "rocking" look, fishnet gloves and Dr. Martins.

sunday I was wearing a costume that planned for september, but it was already done for this festival, so I did wore it this sunday.


photographer: Robert Thielen

It is the left one :). A better Picture of these combi shall follow later on. But it is a sort of dance costume, I wanted something costumy but comfortable. So I made this thing for the last day. Nothing special of historical, but it was fun to weare on this festival. And I was wearing a skirt and pants on the same time! :D

I do Castlefest now sinds 2011, and this year was for me a bit of a less edition. I had fun, but there where somethings that where not good.... But that is not something for this blog ;) Next year it is going to be a better edition :p

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten