donderdag 11 augustus 2016

balkan costume

So last weekend was Castlefest, but I did make this costume a half year a go for school. The assigment was: make a Balkan costume in one day. It was not historical right, not culturally right. It was the intention with this costume, to give a feeling\vibe of a culture, a folkish sphere. 

So because I made this thing like, in one day, there are few or non making photo's because there was no time to make progress photo's. But I have here the photo's for the school and what I did for these event castlefest 2016, and you shall see, there are some changes I made.




Photographer: Timo Reizeiger

So you can see, I made a skirt that is in wide more than 6 metres. A renaissance shirt with sleeves that are 1.20 m wide, they are huge! more theatrical that practical ;) The shirt had some tea dipping :p and some fake aging, beause it was the intention to make the shirt look old(er). The apron is just a table thing that was made long ago by my grand-grandmother. Besides just like the headthing on my head ;) The Bodice is made of jeans and painted with acrylic paint. I spraypainted some ballet shoes black and bought some cheap white stockings.



Photographer: Timo Reiziger

These is the back of the dress. Just because the dress is made in one day, I didn't had the time to proper finish the dress like good hemming and finish the raw edges.... But thats the theatrical way....

So now a pair of photo's what I did with the dress these weekend.


Photographer:Willem Nijhof

 So you can see that I change the shirt for I more drindl like blouse, changed the shoes and the stockings for red and black fishnet tight, and Dr. Martens. Some fishnet gloves. I wore under these combination a 1910 corset for a more smooth bodice, and under the skirt that was already voluminous, I wore a puffer for extra more volume.



Photgrapher: Fred Lo Cascio

 I teased my hair, so it looked more "rocking" and just beacuse I hadn't nothing for in my hair planned, I took my hair shawl from my 1950's combination and just bounded in. Some more make-up, and jewerly and I was happy for the second day of Castlefest.



Photographer: Willem Nijhof

Next time, I will write over my new Regency dress that I wore the first day of castlefest.

Greets Jessie 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten