woensdag 3 januari 2018

Steampunk dress


I made this dres way back in 2013. But I began making the dress a year before in 2012. It lay down for almost a year before I pick it up and finished. 

I have worn this dres once, twice perhapes three times. But no more than that. I couldn't not find myself in the steampunk scene and after this dress I didn't make anything close to it. Perhapes I would give it a new try after all those years, try something new. But if I'm honest, I'm more off a goth girl than a steam girl. But I have enjoyed this dress, for sure! 

I think this is the second ever made costume I sewed myself, if I finished it first before my lavender colored rococo based dress it would be the first. But because it layed so long on hold this was the second one. But the first I cut. 





So you can clearly see that I used the famous Simplicity 2172 for the coat and corset. For the bloomers I used Simplicity 2777. For the crinoline I used Truly Victorian TV141. I even made a capelet, but didn't wear it really anytime. But I used TV590. 






















I gave the coat last year an update because it didn't fit me met that great. The sleeve where the biggest problem. They never did fit me that good. So I took them out end increased the shoulder and replaced the shoulder caps so the didn't fall off my shoulder. And loose the sleeves because the
they never gave me freedom of movement. Also loose the neck ruffle and took all the stitching out off all edges because they wehre not flattering att all. Last but not least, I machine sewed button holes, beacuse the old ones where handstitched. I want to make a new blouse for it and redo the bloomers as well. 







 I don't know if I wear it soon again after finishing the old costume, perhapes I sell it. Perhapes I do weare it. Will see. 






This how the costume looked like without the crinoline before I began dismantle the sleeves and the neck ruffle. 


If I'm honest, I don't know yet wich form I will to strive, but the redo is far from finished. I'll shall share progress if I'm working again on it. But for now, I still have some of old pieces I want to share that I made back in 2013 before ending this post for now. 









 The mantle I made but never wore. Maybe I sell it.... Or give it away...
 











 And a bag I made, I wore it a lot. Not only with the costume but also in my daily life, it is worn out now. A fun project back then. I made it by scratch, but it wasn't difficult to draw something so simple. 

I have to apologize for the poor picture quality. They are made a long time ago, and some pieces are not in the same shape as short after finishing them.


I'm gonna put here some pictures that are made a long time ago. Two made in a shoot at an old train station and the last one is made on the first event when I wore it. 






 So if I have some news from this oldie offcourse I'm gonna share it. Till next time. And have good start at 2018. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten