woensdag 21 december 2016

Time for some new rump support

So the last time, I had some spare time left, and because I don't have all the materials for my new costume for in april, I did what I do more if I have leftovers and some patterns to match with it. I'm cleaning my stash and make some new undie's for under the costumes. This time it was some support I needed. So I made from the same fabric like my regency apron (the leftover from the fabric where perfect for this two little projects) an bumroll and an bumpad. This especially for tudor and baroque dresses, and the pad more for edwardian dresses. I'm planning to make perhaps also an late 18th century bumpad, because i'm planning to make a late 18th century dress. 

Why I made them? Not only because Some underpinnings needed replacement, but because if I'm going to make a compleet new outfit an other time, I don't have to make all the new underpins, time saving, and for this time well spended. 

So a few weeks ago I made first the bumroll, and yesterday the bumpad. 




 I know, I made begin this year my baroque gown, so why would I made the bumroll so late? My first bumroll was last minute made. Just before the gala, nobody would see the ugly little creature, and so I made the first roll from an old pantyhose filled with leftover fabric, he served me two times and after that he died. I was always planning to make a decend one, but never came the moment. Untill a few weeks ago. So this is the result. 

 


 I used the pattern from simplicity 2621, an tudor-ish pattern. Really historical accurate I don't think so, but with the bumroll you cannot do much wrong. 

It was not difficult to make it, only two pieces, so in les than an hour you have a new bumroll. 
So why didn't I make a proper one in the first place? I stuffed the pantyhose the same evening as the gala, in an hotel room.... 






It are the same stripes as the regency apron, old pink with light grey stripes. I made also an embroidery reticule from the fabric, but that is for another post. 
















So for the Bumpad, I was more planning to make an new 1887 dress first before I would planning to make an 1903 dres, but for both dresses I know what it would look like and just because I have to make an compleet new outfit, underwear, corset, outerwear, etc. I wanted some of the things spread over time. So when times come for the costume, it would no longer be a big pill of things to make in a few weeks. 

For the 1887 dress, it means I going to make an new bustle as well, I have an short one, but this time I would see some longer and bigger one, perhaps lobstertail.





 It was not in the patterns, but I like ruffles, it was only to late that I realized that this thing is going under the corset so the ruffles was no fuction -.-" Yeah, it is clear I haven't research this era like I have done with other era's, because I hadn't the intention for making an costume from this era. That changed.




So I made the bumpad from Truly Victorian E01 an 1903 edwardian corset pattern, it comes with bumpad and bust improvers to improve the S-curve more. The bust improvers scares me a little bit, because the look like short sausages. I don't like sausages. 

maybe I order the bust improvers from wearing history, they look cute. But that is for another time. 



And here you see are the stripes back again. It was the last of the leftovers, so there is more space for in my stash. That means: new fabrics! 


I'm very happy with these two new underpins, they where fun to make and not difficult, and the stripe is and linen, so very comfortble to wear. 







Till the next time. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten