zaterdag 26 december 2015

ochreous medieval dress

This is an dress i love very much, I made it in November 2014 for an event in December. But is seen for other people like an sort of invisibility cloak.... I have heard thing where my tose go crook from...
thing like "yellow is the color of the whores..." or "this dress do you look like a poor woman..." uhm, yes.... that sure are the compliments I want to hear if you made the dress only by hand.... okey, I choose this color because I didn't want to be rich, because I don't have the money to be look rich.... seems logic... 

But alright, because the dress has also an effect on the photographers, because they don't see me literaly, I don't have many pictures of this dress. And I mean good pictures. 


 So because i have not really a good picture when i weare it and you can see how it is falling, I have here the dress on my mannequin.
 The side of the dress, yes I have tail hanging from my belt.

I had the luck or the unluck... it's how you look at it with al that snow and coldness, and a clothing shange in the snow... 

but I have a pair pictures of this dress in the snow, but because it was freezing, I had a fur skin over the dress... So you can't see the dress properly. 
















 Here is another one, but you can see, it is not very good blog material.
 I have made an chaperon, but it was not really good, I have plans to make changes to it. But that is for later on... when I have time for it.

So for the making part I have more interesting pictures. 




 This is not my pattern, I fount it on the web, but I haven't the source anymore.

For the surcotte or "over" dress, I used this instructions and I found them very good. you don't need very much fabric to make it. 

I measure my length from shoulder to toe and take it dubble. 














 So when I cutted the parts and sewed de big parts together. belief me, it is not so impresive that part. I went to made hem from this dress. I don't no how to call hem.. hemming.... euhm... I thing you get the point :p

At first I sewed like this, but I wanted more color in the surcotte and saw my leftovers wool of school in the corner and began hand sewing again and the pictures below are the result of it.

my underdress is made of simple brown-grey cotton, I wanted linen but I din't find the right color  for this project.

the yellow dress is made of real wool, it was very nice in the winter... In the summer, mwaaah.... it go's, but not very recommended.
you see my underdress has the same finish as the over dress.
 For this project I gonna leave it for today, i'm sorry that I have not updated this blog for a month. It was a busy time. 

greets Jessie. 





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten